Search This Blog

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Commissions

My sister has asked me if I can make her a stringed instrument suitable for playing at a Tudor historical recreation. I have done a bit of research, and the lute looks the most appropriate. However, I'm not ready to do a 'ribbed' bowl back instrument yet, so I will suggest a Gittern. These appeared in the 14th century, and didn't disappear until the 17th or 18th, so she shouldn't get thrown out for having an anachronism! I have also been given an electric guitar (belonging to a friend of my elder son) to fix - a bit of electrics and possibly a new set of frets.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also think a Gittern would be a great idea - I had done similar research and had looked at citterns- just let me know what you might need for the materials etc. Paul also asks if you can repair brass instruments! He's just dropped his trombone - whoops! (it will probably sound better)