Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009


The fretboard shim has been glued in and I have fitted the position dots into the fretboard. I got these from Small Wonder Music, and they were excellent value. I have also fitted the last eight frets - these will end up over the soundboard, and tapping them in might cause problems if I fit them after the fretboard is glued in place (I learnt this on the last mandolin). I glued the dots in with superglue and used 'kicker' to set it hard - is seemed to work well.

I also made a start on the Les Paul
- only making a body template, but it's a start!

No comments: