Search This Blog

Loading...

Saturday, November 10, 2012

The mandocello mould takes shape

 Here is the mandocello  mould with all the infill pieces glued in place. These were cut out with a band-saw and thicknessed on a drum sander before gluing in place with Titebond.

In the second photo, the mould has been shaped and the recess for the tail block has been cut out. I have also removed a wedge shaped piece to accommodate the fold in the belly (just beyond the bridge). I did most of the shaping with an electric plane and finished off with an electric power file.  This made a huge quantity of wood chippings and dust!

I am going to mark the positions of all the ribs before giving the mould a wax coating.

No comments: