Search This Blog

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Woodwork finished

I shaped the neck to the final width and then added the remaining frets (I was glad that I fitted the higher ones before gluing on the fretboard). This left some levelling (I use my diamond coated sharpening plate) and dressing of the frets.

The last 'woodworking' jobs were a little bit of filling (super glue and wood dust mixed together) and covering the holes at the end of the fret slots (shellac coloured wood filler). Then a final scrape with the cabinet scraper before working carefully through the micromesh to give a smooth finish.

Finally I've started applying the tru-oil finish (except to the fretboard, masked off with insulating tape which will remain without any finish).

1 comment:

Wood With Strings said...

Looks great Richard!